Courgette Fritters with Feta, with spring coming along see my previous post of Spring Cabbage with Bacon, these courgette fritters with feta are a wonderful dish to make either for your lunch box or for your evening dinner. The feta gives it a nice salty kick and a different texture.
I have previously made sweetcorn fritters, but when I visited the green grocer at the weekend, they kindly gave me 4 courgettes which were on the verge of going off, so rather than waste them, I thought that I would turn them into the courgette fritters with feta as even if they were slightly discoloured, you wouldn’t notice due to the courgettes being grated and put into a fritter mixture.
Add a squeeze of lime over the courgette fritters with feta and you have a wonderful starter. You can also make these as part of a main dish. I had them with my spring cabbage and bacon on Monday evening for dinner and it was perfectly filling and healthy too.
With spring here and summer on the way, I find myself wanting to spend less time in the kitchen, which is why I feel that the courgette fritters with feta will be making a number of appearances in my kitchen.
These are especially good as I do sometimes get bored of the usual sandwiches and cold meats in my lunch box and whilst I like soup as much as the next person, in summer, I don’t really feel like eating soup.
What do you like to make with spring and then summer on the way with the abundance of fruit and vegetables arriving at the local markets?Print
Courgette Fritters with Feta
A wonderful dish which is easy to make, so make it today.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- 4 courgettes grated (These are also called Zucchini)
- 100 grams plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams feta crumbled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lime quarted
- Coarsely grate your courgettes (top and tail them) and add to a bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, feta cheese, salt and pepper and mix throughly to combine.
- Heat the olive oil up in a large pan, then using a large spoon, carefully spoon the mixture into the pan, don’t overcrowd the pan as this will make it very difficult to turn them over and they will take longer to cook, I did 3 to a pan.
- Once in the pan, cook on each side for about 3 – 4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on plate lined with kitchen roll.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. My batter made about 8 fritters which is a nice amount.
- Serve and enjoy.
So there you go, my Courgette Fritters with Feta cheese. I do hope you make them as they are a wonderfully simply and easy dish to make and perfect for this time of year.
See you all soon.