Salmon with Miso Soup, yes, I know it’s not yet Autumn or winter for that matter, but the weather of the last few days has been quite horrendous. Lots of rain and really quite cold, admittedly we did get a really lovely day of Saturday, but less of those more of the rain makes for wanting a wonderful warming soup. Enter the Salmon with Miso Soup.
The other day I was searching for a recipe for Salmon with Miso Soup as this is what I really felt like, I asked my friend, Jenni Field from Pastry Chef Online if she had any recipes which I could use, she didn’t (she does have other fabulous recipes, so check out her site), but she kindly asked her friends for some, sadly none of the wonderful recipes which her friends presented was quite what I was looking for. So i decided to Google, but again, nothing quite right, so I decided to create my own Salmon and Miso Soup.
The good thing about this dish is that it is one pot cooking at it’s finest, it is quick and easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of thought. You can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes, so with our sometimes time poor lifestyles, then this is the perfect dish.
If you are wondering where to buy Miso soup packets, you can find these in all good Chinese/Japanese/Korean Stores in the UK. Most of the big supermarkets also sell miso soup in the world foods section, so it is a lot easier to get hold of than it previously was. So the moral of the story is don’t be afraid to try this dish, Salmon with Miso Soup.
This soup is almost like a broth style soup which you want to slurp up out the bowl and to me, that is my style of soup, almost like a hug in a bowl. If it is hot where you are, you can still make this, just add a bit more chilli and it will cool you down because you sweat from the chilli. Lots of hot countries eat hot food on hot days as it cools them down.
I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Salmon with Miso Soup
This is a delicious, easy to make and tasty soup with wonderful flavours of the far east. You can make this for lunch or dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- 2 200g skinless salmon fillet
- 2 packets miso soup
- 3 cloves finely sliced garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh or out a bottle is fine
- 2 fresh chillis finely sliced
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 100 grams frozen broccoli
- 500 ml water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the water, miso soup packets, garlic, chilli, fish sauce, vinegar and lemon juice to a pan with a lid and bring it to the boil.
- Add the frozen peas and broccoli and boil for 5 minutes covered or until the broccoli is just cooked. Add salt a pepper to taste. I used about 5 grinds of salt and 10 grinds of pepper.
- Add the bean sprouts and place the salmon on top of the bean sprouts, turn the heat down, cover and simmer for about 3 – 4 minutes until the salmon is just cooked (if you prefer your salmon more cooked, then cook it longer). The salmon should be nice and flaky and just come apart.
- Give it a gentle stir, dish into two large bowls and enjoy.
So there you have it, my quick, easy and tasty recipe for Salmon with Miso Soup.
I hope you enjoy this, it will definitely be making an appearance in my lunch box and dinner meals when winter arrives.
See you soon.